Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A New Duck

Saturday morning I was leading a bird walk outside of the neighborhood (on Hill Country Conservancy's Nalle Bunny Run Wildlife Preserve). At the same time, Barry Noret was leading a walk for the Williamson Audubon Group on Lake Creek Trail. I was excited to hear that two of the species he found were Fox Sparrow and a kind of duck called Redhead. I haven't seen a Fox Sparrow in the neighborhood for years, and I had never seen a Redhead on our creek. So Saturday afternoon I went to try and find the duck. I finally did, on the creek at the eastern edge of the Town and Country playing fields. That brings my neighborhood species list up to 210! Here's a poor photo. Click through for a short video.

Redhead - 2




The right-most swimming duck is the Redhead.

No comments: