Monday, November 24, 2008

Great Price on Great Binoculars for REI Members

I just found out about a great deal on great birding binoculars for REI members. REI has a couple stores in Austin and carries a few binoculars, including the Nikon Monarchs. These are among my highest recommended mid-priced birding binoculars. (See my NASWC article about binoculars for birding.) REI has a coupon for members that gets you 20% off any full-priced item until Sunday. If you use this coupon for a pair of Nikon Monarch 8x36 binoculars, the price ends up being $220 -- about $30 less than what online discount shops charge. (They also have the Monarch 8x42 binoculars, but the discount is not quite as low for these. And the 8x36's are just so handy!)

So if you're an REI member and need a pair of binoculars that are great for birding (or other outdoor uses) check these out!

Update: I just found the slightly larger Nikon Monarch 8x42's on Amazon for $213.27! That's crazily low -- even lower than the 8x36's. Is it a mistake?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking the time to let me know about the problem with my comments. I do appreciate it.