- I succeeded in my Pond Watch goal and found a single male Common Green Darner patrolling over the pond.
- I found a few more odonates including a nice male Ramburs Forktail damselfly, a female Common Whitetail dragonfly (photo below), and possibly a basket-tail or club-skimmer dragonfly that never landed for me.
- After weeks of only Gadwalls and American Wigeons on the pond, I found three more duck species: Northern Shoveler, Redhead, and a pair of Northern Pintails. I've only observed pintails on our creek a handful of times!
- Someone continues to leave cleaned fish carcasses in the creek in the flow that goes under the railings.
- Two guys appeared on the trail driving a golf cart. It turned out they were maintenance workers for a nearby apartment complex and they were looking for another golf cart that had disappeared. One of them walked into the woods along the creek and scared away all the ducks.
- Later, I watched three small groups of ducks fly in, circle the creek, and leave since they didn't see any other ducks there (scared away by the golf cart guy).
Here's the Common Whitetail: