Monday, March 10, 2008

Robins and Lists

Thanks to the time change, I got home from work before dark for the first time in quite awhile today. So I took a 45 minute walk around the neighborhood. It was a nice cool and clear evening. The birds that were out were quite active. I counted 8 American Robins, all flying around and making lots of noise. (Here's a picture of a robin I took in February 2007 on Stillforest. ) There was a single very vocal Northern Flicker near Stillforest and Chester Forest.

As an experiment, I've added 2 links to my list of links at the right. "My NASWC bird list" and "My NASWC bird list for 2008". The first is a list of all the birds I've seen in the neighborhood since I started keeping records in 2006. The second is only birds I have seen so far in 2008. I keep all my data in eBird, and I haven't figured out the best way to easily get my neighborhood data out of eBird and into these lists. So I'm still experimenting with them and I might drop them if they become too inconvenient to keep updated.

No comments: